Quick- email response
Have a query? Email us at email@example.com and you'll get a reply from one of our dedicated Customer Service's Team members. Our business hours are from Monday to Saturday, 09:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs IST.
If your query is not responded within 2 working days or your are not satisfied with the response, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No waiting policy
Chat with our Customer Support Team on live chat during the hours of 09:00 - 18:00 IST from Monday to Saturday. No ticketing systems or long hold times.
Updates on the web
Stay up to date by following Taxsmile Twitter feed. We post announcements about new features, product updates, and other changes, as well as helpful articles and company information. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook & Linkedin
Send us your great ideas
Your valuable feedback is most important for us to enhance your comfort. Any time you have a great idea, send it to email@example.com
Is it mandatory for me to file an Income Tax Return if I have a PAN?
No. The following points explain this clearly:
- You need to file an Income Tax Return if your Total Taxable Income exceeds the basic exemption limit before taking into account deductions, i.e., tax saving investments.
- The basic exemption limit for financial year 2012-2013 is as under: -
Gender, Age & Residential Status Basic Exemption Limit Resident Female & Others Rs.2,00,000 Resident Senior Citizen
(Age > = 60 yrs and < 80 yrs as on 31st March of Financial year)
Rs.2,50,000 Resident Very Senior Citizen
(Age > = 80 yrs as on 31st March of Financial year)
- You do not need to file an Income Tax Return if your total taxable income does not exceed the basic exemption limit before taking into account deductions, even though you may have a PAN.
Who can file an Income Tax Return using Taxsmile?
Any Individual having the following types of income can opt for Taxsmile's services:
- Income from Salary
- Income from House Property
- Income from Sale of Investments (Shares, Mutual Fund units, Bonds) or Property
- Income by way of Interest, Dividend, Gifts, Family Pension, Agricultural Income
- Brought Forward Losses (Except Loss from Activity of owning and maintaining Race Horses)
- Clubbing of Income
Why is filing an Income Tax Return using Taxsmile a unique experience?
Taxsmile offers you a unique experience when filing your tax return. Find out how:
- You do not need to know Income Tax Laws.
- The tax computation is done absolutely FREE. You can also view it for free. You pay only when ready to file.
- Taxsmile is an e-Return Intermediary, duly authorized by the Income Tax Department. So we can file your return with the IT Department on your behalf.
- Taxsmile uses 128-bit encryption Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, used by banks around the world. Our servers are the safest home for your data!
- No advertisements or pop-ups on the Taxsmile website.
- You can prepare and file your return for all types of Income. Taxsmile does not place restriction on income types in its plan.
What are the steps for filing an Income Tax Return using Taxsmile?
- Sign up with Taxsmile.
- Enter the relevant financial details. Taxsmile generates your return based on this data.
- View your tax computation absolutely FREE!
- Make a payment to Taxsmile based on the Filing Plan you chose.
- Authorise Taxsmile to efile your Income Tax Return.
- Receive via email the Acknowledgement (if return is signed digitally) or the ITR-V (if not)
Does Taxsmile support manual preparation and filing of Income Tax Returns?
No. Taxsmile does not support manual preparation and filing of income tax returns. All returns are e-Filed by Taxsmile with the Income Tax Department
Does Taxsmile calculate the Tax Refunds that I am eligible for?
Yes. In fact, as you enter your details in the relevant sections, our system updates and remembers your taxable income and tax payable figures.
Once you have entered all the required information, the tax payable by you or refund due to you will be displayed onscreen. So rest assured - the Taxsmile website is not just a tax estimating tool, but a complete return preparation and filing portal!
What are the methods of e-Filing an Income Tax Return using Taxsmile?
Taxsmile can help you e-File your return using 2 filing methods:
Efiling using a Digital Signature – Steps involved:
- Prepare your return on Taxsmile.
- Review your Tax Calculation.
- Get your Income tax Return generated in electronic format
- Attach Digital Signature (if you don't have a digital signature, subscribe for Taxsmile-Gold and get one).
- Authorize Taxsmile to e-File your Return.
- Get acknowledgment from Income Tax Department in your mail box. That concludes your efiling.
Efiling without a Digital Signature – Steps involved:
- Prepare your return on Taxsmile.
- Review your Tax Calculation.
- Get your Income tax Return generated in electronic format.
- Authorize Taxsmile to e-File your Return.
- Get ITR-V from Income Tax Department in your mail box.
- Download and print ITR-V, available under your Taxsmile account.
- Sign with "Blue" ink, enclose it in an A-4 size envelope. Send this envelope by ordinary or speed post to "Income Tax Department – CPC, Post Box No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore – 560100, Karnataka" within 120 days
- Receive e-mail from Income Tax Department, acknowledging the receipt of ITR-V. That is your final acknowledgement. That concludes your efiling.
What is Taxsmile Silver and Taxsmile Gold?
Can you help me choose a plan that best suits my needs?
- If you do not wish to e-File using digital signature, Taxsmile-Silver is the best plan.
- If you want to e-File using a Digital Signature, check whether you have a valid Digital Signature –
a. If you do not have a Digital Signature, go for Taxsmile-Gold. Taxsmile will provide you Class-II digital signature with
one year validity issued by eMudhra, on application.
b. However if you already have a Digital Signature, go for Taxsmile-Silver. You will be able to e-File using your Digital
What steps are to be followed when I e-File without using a Digital Signature?
When you e-File without using a Digital Signature, you receive ITR-V as an attachment in the e-mail sent by the Income Tax Department. Since the return you filed was not signed, your filing is still incomplete. To complete the return filing process, follow the below mentioned steps -
- Print and sign ITR-V.
- Do not fold this signed ITR-V. Enclose the same in A-4 size envelope.
- Mail the envelope within 120 days of e-Filing to –
Income Tax Department CPC
Post Box No.1,
Electronic City Post Office,
Bangalore 560100, Karnataka.
- Upon receipt of ITR-V, Income Tax Department will send an e-mail acknowledging the receipt of signed copy of ITR-V. This is your acknowledgement.
- Your filing is now complete..
What is an ITR-V?
- ITR-V stands for 'Income Tax Return – Verification' form.
- This form is received when you e-File without using a digital signature.
- Income Tax Department needs to verify the authenticity of income tax return when filed online without using a digital signature.
- On receipt of ITR-V you have to sign the copy and submit to the Income Tax Department to complete the filing process.
Can I submit ITR-V anywhere else in India?
No, you cannot. You have to compulsorily mail your ITR-V in a sealed A-4 envelope to the address mentioned above.
Is there any time limit for submitting ITR-V to Income Tax Department?
Yes, you should mail your ITR-V within 120 days of e-Filing your return.
What is the Last Date for filing an Income Tax Return?
The Due Date of filing your Income Tax Return for a financial year is 31st July after the end of the financial year. Thus, for financial year ended on 31st March, 2013, the due date of filing Income Tax Return is 31st July, 2013.
Does that mean that I cannot file return after the last date mentioned?
You can file return after the last date also. However, in such case you will have to pay penal interest @ 1% per month for late filing. In case you have not filed your Income Tax Return for the financial year ended on 31st March, 2013 till 31st July, 2013, still you can file the same till 31st March, 2014. You may be required to pay Interest. Further, in case you have still missed to file your Income Tax Return by 31st March, 2014, you can still file the same till 31st March 2015, beyond which the return will become time barred and you would not be able to file the same. Assessing Officer may require you to pay penalty up to Rs.10,000 for late filing of Income Tax Return.
What is Revised Return and can I file a Revised Return using Taxsmile?
If you discover any omission or any wrong statement in the return filed within due date of filing, you may file a revised return at any time before 31-03-2015 or before the completion of the assessment, whichever is earlier.
Whom should I contact in case I have queries / difficulties?
Taxsmile's Customer Support team will be happy to help resolve all your doubts and queries. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I think online filing could be more complex than physical filing. Can Taxsmile help me if I need it?
With Taxsmile, you can confidently prepare and file your Income Tax Return on your own. We believe you can, because:
- You are guided through simple interactive screens with online help available at each step.
- If you have basic queries like navigating through the website, printing your return etc., you can contact us by email.
- Your tax calculations are done by intelligent algorithms that are built into our website and incorporate the latest updates. So you do not have to bother about tax laws and updates. Our system does it all!
Actually, filing returns online is not at all difficult. Read the feedback from other customers just like you about filing using Taxsmile.
How secure is my data with Taxsmile?
Taxsmile protects your data in several ways.
- Taxsmile uses globally accepted 128-bit encryption Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your data while being transmitted from your computer to its data servers. This technology is used by banks globally, and offers the highest level of protection against any third-party intrusion
- Taxsmile servers are secured with firewalls to safeguard your data from viruses and unauthorized intrusion attacks. They are monitored around-the-clock for any denial of service or intrusion attacks
- As a registered user of Taxsmile, you can access your data through a unique password, which you create when you register for our service. Since your password is unique to you, only you can access your data. We have implemented a stringent security policy to protect your data against unauthorized access.
|Watch a Taxsmile Silver Demo||Watch a Taxsmile Gold Demo||Watch a Taxsmile premium Demo||Watch an eF16 Demo|